The High Notes: Anal Sex, Ghosting, Trans LoveLast updated April 24, 2019
– Thinking about ghosting your latest date? No need – the BBC gave us some fool-proof break up text templates designed by experts. Phew!
– Harvard University hosted a workshop on anal sex on campus. It was called “What What in the Butt: Anal 101”. Which is my new favourite name for a University course.
– Australia voted for same sex marriage. Woohoo!
PODCAST – curious about sex?
– The Curious Nature of Sex is full steam ahead – we’ve licked condoms, read some very naughty stories and even started planning our own Sex Olympics. Make sure you catch up now!
A PIACERE – enjoy at your pleasure
– Rolling Stone profiled Ela Darling – porn actor, activist, and technology pioneer. She’s a badass.
– Design graduate Nienke Helder has created a set of sensory objects designed to assist people who have experienced sexual assault. The items include a sensor that lights up when the person’s breathing becomes tense, a signal for their partner to try to relax them.
– Are you into choking during sex? Erotic choking is dangerous – even for experts. This article looks at the reasons why people do it – and how to do it as safely as possible.
ADAGIO – longer reads, dive a little deeper
– Is sex addiction real? This week, three not-for-profits came out to say the term could be misleading – or even harmful.
– This is a slightly older article – but so important. In 2010, a trans woman called Mira Bellwether published an underground zine called Fucking Trans Women, an important piece highlighting trans pleasure. Broadly expands on one aspect – muffing.
– In this article in The Cut, one mother recounts how breastfeeding negatively affected her sex drive. Reclaiming intimacy after having children is a topic I’m very interested in – we wrote our first article on it in Consumer Health Digest recently.
Phew – can’t quite believe we’re getting close to Christmas! Although – getting cosy at home when it’s cold outside is the perfect time to listen to The Curious Nature of Sex.
Huge thanks to the team at Bustle who included us in this article of 12 sex toys that porn stars and sex coaches swear by!
Let’s keep elevating the discussion on pleasure. Have a great week.