The High Notes: Sex dolls, Orgasm Gap, InfidelityLast updated December 10, 2018
The High Notes – Issue #35
Welcome back to The High Notes – your curation of the best and most pleasurable news from around the world.
This issue, we’re talking about:
Defining your sex life. Sex dolls. Play parties. Decline of sex drive. Orgasm difficulties. bodyNET. Why happy people cheat. Graphic erotica. Slutty cinema.
STACCATO – short and sharp, quick reads
– How would you define your sex life in one word? Could you? Bustle asks 14 women to – with some surprising results.
– A sex doll sharing service has been banned in China, just four days after it launched. The dolls could have been rented for the equivalent of $45 a day.
– Here’s a great piece in CNN about when you and your partner have mismatched libidos.
A PIACERE – enjoy at your pleasure
– How sex parties changed the way one woman viewed her sexual assault – and helped her to heal. Powerful piece on consent. Recommended.
– A study reported in The Telegraph found that women in relationships lasting over a year were more likely to lose their interest in sex than men. It also found that women were more likely to be put off by a bad first sexual experience than men.
– Are you / your female partner struggling to reach orgasm? Sophie Saint Thomas outlines 9 reasons why this may be happening, including one we don’t talk about often enough – the effect of antidepressants.
ADAGIO – longer reads, dive a little deeper
– Bring on the bodyNET – a network of sensors, screens and smart devices woven into our clothes and implanted in our skin. The article doesn’t allude to how this may change sex in the future – but it’s a intriguing look at the future of body technology. Highly recommended reading.
– An absolutely fascinating article on why happy people cheat on their marriage by one of my favourite writers – Esther Perel. It’s a long one, but thoroughly worth it.
– I LOVED this article about writing graphic sex scenes into novels – and how it can be great for equality.
– With upcoming film Daphne, starring a female heroine with quite the sex drive, an article in The Guardian asks if this is the golden age of slutty cinema. I can’t wait to see this film!
– For any men who are nervous about bringing sex toys into your relationship, this is the article for you.