The High Notes – Orgasm Art, Gaming, TransgenderLast updated September 5, 2018
The High Notes – Issue #32
This issue, we’re talking about:
Orgasm art – Sex & age – Power & pornography – Sci-fi sex – Transgender memories – Sex & gaming – Jiftips – Sexcamming – Sex shop love
STACCATO – short and sharp, quick reads
– Looking for some new fine art? We found this great website selling paintings, drawings and diagrams all about orgasm.
– Three women over 60 talk honestly about their sex lives. Sex has no age limit.
– A new study has suggested that the age at which a male first views pornography is associated with certain sexist attitudes later in life. Worth noting that the survey was taken from a small sample. However, the results suggested that the younger the person was when they saw their first video, the more likely they were to want power over women.
A PIACERE – enjoy at your pleasure
– CNET takes a look back at the representations of sex in sci-fi over the years. From randy robots to lonely clones – there’s been quite the variety!
– In this Refinery29 article, read 7 people’s memories of the first time they knew they’re transgender, highlighting the importance of discussion & exploration of gender identity. There’s also a link for the full discussion on Reddit.
– Here’s a heart warming video about an 8 year old boy who loves transforming into a drag queen called Lactatia.
– I’m pretty fascinated by the intersection between sex & gaming at the moment. Here’s an interview I did on the topic!
ADAGIO – longer reads, dive a little deeper
– How technology is changing the way we’re having sex.
– There’s a bizarre trend for men using a “Jiftip” – a sticker that covers their urethra during sex. Friends, let me state up front, this does not protect from pregnancy or STIs. Also sounds kinda painful when you need to rip it off…
– The BBC takes a closer look at the Romanian sexcam industry, which is one of thefastest growing sections of the adult entertainment industry, generating approximately $2-3bn in 2016.
– Well isn’t this just lovely! How working in a sex shop restored my faith in love. Find out what it was like for one woman to help others find their perfect pleasure products.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!
We’ll be in Berlin for IFA NEXT & Showstoppers from 31 August – 6 September. Make sure you let me know if you’ll be there, would love to grab a coffee! We also have some exciting Berlin pop-up news coming, watch this space 😉
Let’s keep elevating the discussion on pleasure.