The High Notes – Pride, Sex & Wellbeing, Why We CheatLast updated December 11, 2018
The High Notes – Issue #29
Pride — AirBnb sex — Spanking — Sex & age — Vagina dentata — Polyamory — Sex & wellbeing — History of pornography — Why we cheat
STACCATO — short and sharp, quick reads
- Yay for Pride! Marriage equality in Germany, Three men become first polyamorous family legally recognised in Colombia, Serbia chooses first gay prime minister.
- Who said your next naughty weekend away has to be to a hotel? This New Yorker essay invites you to please make yourselves at home in my Airbnb and have sex.
- Enjoy being spanked? Refinery29 discuss some do’s and don’ts of impact play.
- I chatted with new women’s adult entertainment site Bellesa about the future of sextech.
A PIACERE — enjoy at your pleasure
- Sex in the Middle Ages — all the crazy things ye olde people did.
- Don’t worry about getting older — your sex life will still be awesome.
- In other news — an Oxford University study proved that sex increases cognitive function for older adults. So get to it!
- From wellbeing to pussy biting back. Here are some Vagina dentata myths from around the world (Yes, I had to look that one up too.)
ADAGIO — longer reads, dive a little deeper
- According to the largest study to date, polyamorists are secretive, stigmatised…. but also highly satisfied.
- Sexuality cannot be ignored. Yet when it comes to discussing wellbeing, it often is. This wonderful study from Psychology Today shows better sex life = happier life. For a profound sense of meaning in your life, have sex.
- What the history of pornography tells us about sexuality — it’s genuinely fascinating.
- Why do people in relationships cheat? The Debrief offers a few suggestions to this rather tricky question.
Hope everyone had a great first half of 2017. Can’t quite believe how quickly this year is going!
Have to say, a real highlight for me was this article in Women’s Health that talked about how Crescendo helped someone who was taking antidepressants feel sexual again.
Let’s keep elevating the discussion on pleasure.