The High Notes — Lube, Adult Videos, SextechLast updated September 5, 2018
The High Notes – Isssue #25
Victorian sex toy. Illustrated smut. Homemade lube. Celebrating kinks. Pirated adult videos. Voice assistants. Superorgasms. Sextech hackathon.
STACCATO — short and sharp, quick reads
- Lot 475 in an Irish auction is an “antique carved ivory ladies’ companion” — otherwise known as a Victorian era sex toy. It’s caused a fair amount of excitement, and has a guide price of €500–800.
- From Superman to smut: the story of how Superman illustrator Joe Shuster also worked on material that is very NSFW.
A PIACERE — enjoy at your pleasure
- Run out of lubrication at a pivotal point in your evening? Here’s 4 homemade alternatives you can use — but bear in mind that not all are compatible with condoms.
- Ever wondered what you’d say if your children found your vibrator? One sexologist tells the story of when her daughter first discovered her favourite kind of toy.
- Kinks aren’t gross — but shaming other people for them is. Your kink may not be my kink, but that’s ok.
- Why are we still so ashamed of people seeing our vibrators?
ADAGIO — longer reads, dive a little deeper
- A court in California is forcing Pornhub to reveal names, IP addresses, phone numbers and viewing history of people uploading pirated videos to their site.
- A recent study reported that 25% of respondents said they’ve felt attracted to voice assistants like Alexa or Siri. Speaking of voice assistants — why are so many female?
- A recent Channel 4 documentary explores multiple and super-orgasms. Not one for the faint hearted!
Based in Paris? Make sure you grab a ticket for SexTechLab’s hackathon next month!
Let’s keep elevating the discussion on pleasure.
Stephanie Alys x